Their previous marketing approach included using specialised print advertisement to increase brand awareness, cold calls for lead generation and leveraging sponsored content on industry-specific blogs to drive demand.
This approach, while sometimes yielding results, was quite limited and quickly becoming outmoded.
- Increasing competition
- Market slowdown
- Profit margins’ reduction
- Segmented data
- High lead acquisition cost
- No consistent lead nurturing practice
- Lead scoring wasn’t considered across all lead types
- Lead experience inconsistent across touchpoints
- Almost non-existent sales and marketing alignment
The Review Stage
We first executed a comprehensive review of marketing, sales and customer success processes to understand the company dynamics from the inside out.
From there, we created two focus categories for our campaign execution efforts:
- Small business
- Medium and large business
Each of the categories went through a three-stage process of marketing optimisation.
The Pre-campaign Stage
The first stage was a Pre-campaign, created to frame the prospects’ minds. Here, we focused on generating demand to maximise campaigns’ efficiency.
The Pre-campaign consisted of 3 steps:
Pre-framing’s main objective was to influence the prospect’s perception and accurately position our client’s products. We designed an approach that helps prospects assign a favourable label to the products we marketed.
The Indoctrination step aimed to create a bond with prospects by placing specifically designed and value-heavy content materials.
The Conversion step consisted of preparing the prospects’ transition from awareness to consideration, or more precisely — guiding them towards lead generation campaigns.
The Campaign Stage
We deployed Omnichannel Lead Generation campaigns, in which we combined:
- LinkedIn to send relevant content to the prospect based on its previous intents or actions
- YouTube and Facebook Ads for retargeting
- Website to dynamically display personalised content based on the prospect’s actions on other channels
- Chatbot to adapt the conversation based on the prospect activity
- Webinars with a Call To Action to book an appointment with the sales team
Campaigns appeared in six languages across nine countries.
- New lead outreach increased by 86%
- Funnel leak reduced by 38%
- Customer order renewal increased by 22%
- Average sales cycle length reduced to 2 months 2 weeks vs the previous 5 month-long cycle
- Deal value increase by 17%
Marketing tactics deployed
We deployed account-based marketing for both medium and large businesses to engage stakeholders in various departments, including marketing, sales and operations.
We leveraged paid traffic on LinkedIn to directly engage the prospects with diverse sequences of sponsored content, including videos and posts. On the LinkedIn platform, we were engaging with prospects based on the nature of their interactions and intents, after which we retargeted through Google and Facebook.
We engaged through new digital channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google) to advance our client’s outmoded advertising practice and revert traffic to the website. The website was optimised to service prospects with questions through a chatbot deployment and interaction-based content display.
Hyper-personalisation and Contextualisation
Our team worked closely with the client’s customer data team to maximise the amount of data attributes and variables to power highly contextualised campaigns. The data was stored in the in-hours customer data platform.
Want to know how B2B Omnichannel Behavioural Campaigns can help you?
Product Owner (PO) can significantly impact the project’s execution process as well as the outcome.
Decrease your omnichannel costs by executing it strategically.
Subscribe to Behavioural Response
Stay in the know with Customer Journey Optimisation, Martech, Omnichannel Marketing, and Demand & Lead Generation